Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie: Female Prisoner #701 Scorpion



I've had this slight fascination with old Asian movies lately.  The IFC Center played a series of them last month, so I decided to add them to my Netflix queue.  Female Prisoner #701 Scorpion was the second film in the series.  Now after watching Lady Snowblood, I assumed that this would be another kung fu flick. I was soooo wrong.  I would definitely categorize this movie as a violent female prison sexploitation.  Let me remind you that this movie was made in the 70s, so basically they could do whatever the hell they wanted. 

The Plot breakdown: Nami, once a naive good girl, is deceived by a boyfriend/cop, ends up in prison, fueled by vengeance, she turns out to be the baddest bitch in there. Hoping one day to break out and reap revenge on those who have wronged her.

Lots of fights, stabbings, blood, torture, and lesbianism! Those old women in prison movies that came on Cinemax have nothing on this.

Looks like someone has broken down the parts on Youtube (see Part 1 here).  But beware, NSFW!

No comments:

Post a Comment