Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Review: Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

The Nightmare on Elm Street movies are my favorite horror series.  I don't care how bad the acting, Robert Englund's Freddy always seemed to make up for it. So contrary to what you may believe, I went into the New Nightmare on Elm Street movie with an open mind.  I was hoping...no, praying, that this movie would not suck.  However, I was utterly disappointed for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:

1.  Although I liked Jackie Earle Haley in The Watchmen, I was not feeling him as Freddy.  I understand that he was attempting to his own version of the character, but I instantly missed Freddy's snark.  Also, dude is so small, there is no way he would take me in a fight, not even in my dreams.
2. Too much character development for the minor players.  The actress that played Nancy just seemed like another bit background character.
3.  Any speaking of Nancy.  The old Nancy was hardcore.  This Nancy, not so much. 
4.  Wasn't feeling that they turned Freddy into some "To Catch A Predator".  
5.  Final showdown scene was whack.
6.  The entire movie lacked blood, gore, or terror for that matter.

If you are a fan, you are going to watch it anyway.  But I suggest getting the bootleg.

No comments:

Post a Comment