Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer Reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray


I am currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, in anticipation of watching the current film version (see trailer here).  I've never claimed to be some literary scholar. I like to pick up a book from time to time if the plot intrigues me. Honestly, I knew nothing of Oscar Wilde (who I now find facsinating), nor his books.  I only know of the character, Dorian Gray, because he was in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (don't judge me), and I was curious.  As of today, I'm only on page 104, but the book has got me. I know this because I almost missed my subway stop the other day.  At times, it reads like Plato or Socrates, but the underlying story is very interesting.  Check out the deets above and you may want to add it to your Summer reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment