Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Best Christmas Toys Ever! Part II




Yes don't hate, but back in 1983, through a family friend hook-up, I was able to receive a Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas! For those of you who remember, Xavier Roberts, the doll creator, had parents clawing each others eyes out to make sure their child had one of these bad boys under the tree that year.  I can remember the big ass box that they came in, their hard ass faces, that yarn hair and just the smell of them.  They came in all ethnicities,which was unheard of at that time. They even inspired the much loved Garbage Pail Kids.  Over the years, my cabbage patch family grew. I had my original, then came the white premie, the little Hispanic one, and we can't forget the twins. 

After awhile, Cabbage Patch dolls popularity dwindled, as newer and hotter toys came out.   However I will never forget the absolute joy of receiving that very first one.

See Best Christmas Toys Ever! Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment