Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Vampire Lovers Must Read: The Strain


There are very few horror novels that actually "scare" me.  The first book in Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain Trilogy managed to scare the shit out of me! Especially when read on the subway at night.  Set in modern day New York, vampirism spreads across the city like a virus and no one is safe. He managed to throw a monkey wrench in all of my escape routes and survival plans "just in case aliens/vampires/zombies take over New York". If you are familiar with Guillermo Del Toro's work (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, The Orphanage), then you already understand how beautifully dark and creepy his stories are. 

Definitely a must read before Part 2: The Devouring comes out this summer!
FYI: You can watch both Pan's Labyrinth and The Orphanage instantly on Netflix now.

No comments:

Post a Comment