Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Graphic Novel Series: Stephen's King's The Dark Tower

I am a huge fan of Stephen King, and yet, I have never read any of the books from The Dark Tower series.  I do recall reading The Little Sisters of Eluria in Stephen King's, Everything's Eventual, which is a short story that features The Dark Tower's main character.

I just happen to be looking through the graphic novels at New York Public Library and came across The Gunslinger Born, the first book in the series.  It follows the main character, Roland Deschain, a young gunslinger coming of age in a world overshadowed by evil forces and supernatural occurences.  The stories, like the graphics, are bold, dark, and violent.  I'm currently reading book #3 in the series, Treachery, and the story line has yet to disappoint.

The Dark Tower Graphic Novels

No comments:

Post a Comment