Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Books: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


Ok so I finally finished Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  It's the first of his three part Millennium series. After months of seeing everyone and their grandmother with the book on the train, and reading reviews of the Swedish language movie adaptation, and hearing that the Americans will be creating their own version, I decided to finally pick it up. I had a 40% off coupon at Borders! This book is very slow to start. The story didn't really start to pick up and get interesting until around page 200 (the book is around 600 pages total).  I was very close to just putting it down and never picking it up again.  But alas, I paid good money for it, so I continued.  Part mystery, part crime novel, when the story finally picked up, it really picked up!  I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but the story centers around a missing girl, who is also member of one of the wealthiest families in Sweden, and the disgraced journalist and mysterious tattooed female private investigator, hired to solve the crime.  I generally not a fan of the genre, but I enjoyed the book thoroughly, even if the plots were a little all over the place. It's almost as if there are like four different stories going on at once. My brain is a little scattered and very random, so it kinda worked for me. I've already bought the second book, The Girl Who Played With Fire and started it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment