Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Reality Bites: Project Runway Season 8

So Project Runway Season 8 began last night.  Check the full episode here if you missed it.  In this episode, contestants were given 5 only hours to complete a full look, from an article of clothing donated by one of the other contestants.  The constrained time limits definitely showed.  I can't say after episode one that I have a clear favorite that I am riding with, but we can talk about who were absolutely horrible.  I won't spoil the show by telling you who was cast off.

Casanova:  our gay, very latin designer created what looked like a stripper's idea of a classy outfit.  If the judge's decided to cut more than one person, he would have been one of my choices to be out.  I think they kept him because they needed a little bit of personality on the show.

Ivy:  My girl was given a pair of pants, and she made pants out of them *smh*.  OUT.

Jason: straight boy from Connecticut.  His design was a kimono worn backwards and stapled closed? Art maybe, but fashion, no!  It was interesting to look it, but that trick won't get you any far.

McKell: Dredlocked white girl from...Utah. Her garment was just one hot unfinished mess. 

No real talent or personality stand outs as of yet (e.g. Santino Rice or Christian Siriano).

Project Runway comes on Lifetime, Thursdays at 9pm. Watch with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment