Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

LED Gel Manicure

So we all know how I am a sucker for new beauty products and procedures.  In the search for a new manicure, I came across in article in New York Magazine Beauty News touting Shikuza NYC's LED gel manicure as the Best Bet of the Summer.  The process uses LED light instead of the usual UV. The LED light cuts down drying time and is supposedly safer for your skin (UV = sun damage = old granny hands).  Shizkuza NYC is also offering the LED manicure now through Labor Day for $40 and if the polish chips within 10 day, they will fix it for free. I was sold!

I scheduled an appointment for July 29th. I met with manicurist, Kumiko, who was very nice. She explained every step of the process to me and which polishes were more likely to show flaws or chips the quickest.  Check the results:


I was very happy with the results and I was out of the salon in about 30 minutes or so. I am very rough with my hands, so not having to worry about my nail polish chipping was fabulous.  After a full week some of the glitter is gone, but the manicure still looks tight.  My nails grow super fast so there is some nail showing at the cuticle. But because I got a natural color, it doesn't show that bad.  I'm going in for a soak off next week. 



The only con to this process I would say is the lack of variety in colors.  There were maybe only 10 to choose from.  However, if my nails were long enough at the time, I would have gotten the French manicure. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get sick of it as quickly.

You likes?

No comments:

Post a Comment