Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New TV Shows: The Event...review

The Event premiered last night on NBC. Most of you probably didn't bother to watch because Dancing with the Stars was on, but I have to give a new scifi show a chance.

The first episode left me so confused. I didn't know what was going on and I was stone cold sober.  The story lines kept going back and forth.  They threw in about a million characters all at once.  What is The Event? Who the hell knows! Looks like they are going to try and string us along for a bit.  The first episode was filled with so much gobbledeegook, that I'm not sure that they will be able to hold most viewers, with the exception of SciFi geeks like myself that will give it another go. 

*spoilers*

All we know so far is that the main character, Sean, played by Jason Ritter (John Ritter's son), uncovers some huge U.S. cover up that not even the President, played by Blair Underwood, knows about.  In the meantime, his girlfriend seemingly disappears off the face of the earth while they were on a cruise, and he also has to thwart a terrorist plot.  The terrorist happens to be his girlfriend's father, who is hell bent on crashing a plane full of people into the President's vacation home, full of party guests. You can tell he is under duress of some sort. By whom, who knows? There is also some hot Asian guy, chasing down Sean throughout the show. Not sure who that guy is yet. The lady who played the crippled doctor on E.R. is thrown in there as some mystery woman.  Is she an alien? Don't know. All we know is the plane gets sucked into a vortex right before it crashes into the island.

Say What?! Yeah, thats exactly what I said to.  Will you be watching next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment