Welcome to Say Wha?!

My blog is devoted to ME. Yes Moi! Things I approve/disapprove of in my shopping, traveling, dining, shooting pics, or just walking down the streets of my hood (NYC beybey!). Enjoy!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

For my SciFi Geeks....The Dresden Files



Ok, so I may have a slight obsession with Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files.  It all started with the the 2007 SyFy Channel series starring Paul Blackthorne, who I am utterly in love with.  It's about a wizard/detective set in present day Chicago.  It's full of magic, monsters, sex, violence, and a few laughs.  My favorites!  Unfortunately, the series only lasted one season.  In my opinion, it was one of the best series SyFy has ever aired.  I have every single episode on my Ipod, and I can watch them over and over.  You can watch all 12 episodes for free on Hulu

After several Google searches to find out if a there would be a Season 2, and several signed petitions later, I discovered that the television show was actually based on a book series by Jim Butcher (see link above).  From the first book, Storm Front, I was hooked.  It is hands down the best subway reading...EVER.  I find myself talking to the book as if I was at the movies..."oh no he didn't", "look out mofo!", "oh he crazy".  Yes, I have gotten several stares on the train, but I don't care.  I have also spied a couple people who were also reading the series, and we give each other that knowing look that only Dresden-ophiles can understand.  I even got my boyfriend addicted.

Harry Potter is good, but definitely for the kiddies compared to Dresden.

No comments:

Post a Comment